Q: How Can I Create a Home Maintenance Calendar?
A: Keeping up with maintenance on your home allows you to catch small problems before they become larger, more expensive problems. Not sure where to start? Consider creating an annual home maintenance calendar to keep you on track.
- Make a Home Maintenance Task List – Start with household task you already perform such as changing filters, cleaning refrigerator coils, etc. Be sure to include seasonal maintenance items such as cleaning your gutters, inspecting caulking around your home, etc.
- Organize based on Frequency – Divide your maintenance tasks into categories: monthly, quarterly, bi-annually, annually and seasonally. Some home maintenance items need to be performed monthly, while others can be done once a year. Planning these tasks on a calendar will help keep you on top of your home’s maintenance.
- Sample Home Maintenance Calendar –
- Monthly: Change out HVAC filters as needed
- Quarterly: Inspect grout/caulk in tiled areas, reseal/reapply as needed.
- Bi-Anually: Clean Gutters
- Annually: Flush Out Water Heater to Remove Sediment
Trust Handyman Connection for help with all your home improvement, repair and maintenance needs!
Call Handyman Connection of Winchester Today! 540-227-7735