Q: I recently adopted a new pet – What are some pet friendly home improvement ideas?
A: Congratulations on your new pet! Here are (7) ideas to make sure your home is safe, accommodating and comfortable for your new furry family member:
- Build/Install gates – A gate helps set up boundaries for your pet and keeps them safe from areas they aren’t supposed to be in such as the kitchen. Gates don’t have to be boring, they can be custom made and incorporated into the design of your home.
- Install a pet door – A pet door allows your pet access in and out of the house to a safe space like the backyard.
- Build a custom feeding station made specifically for your dog’s or cat’s height and needs. Consider adding a nearby storage area for easy access to your pet’s food.
- Add a pet wash station to your mudroom to help keep your pet and home clean.
- Build a catio – Allow your cat to enjoy the outdoors in a protected area.
- Create an area to conceal your cat’s litter box – Consider a nook or a built in cabinet space to place the litter box.
- Be sure your home offers pet friendly features that offer a safe and comfortable place for your pet to play and relax. Be creative – add a window seat for your cat, a built in pet bed for your dog or even transforming unused space into a pet nook.
Handyman Connection is your one call for pet friendly home improvements! Think Home Improvement, Think Handyman Connection! Call to discuss your project and schedule a free evaluation!