Q: What are some ideas for adding storage space and increasing organization in our home?
A: Spring is a great time to tackle the home improvement task of organizing your home. Get started on organizing by concentrating on the following places in your home:
- Garage – Line the walls with shelving or add overhead suspended shelving that can allow a place for stuff to be stored. Consider adding a work bench or cabinets to help keep items organized.
- Mud Room – Create a Mudroom or update your existing mudroom to add storage and increase organization. Mudrooms are a great way to help keep your families coats, shoes, and back packs organized in a central location.
- Closets – Add shelving or install a Closet Organization System to provide more functional storage space for clothes, shoes, etc.
4. Kitchen – Install roll-out shelving and lazy Susan’s to make your kitchen cabinets more accessible. Installing a pantry or mounting shelving provides for additional space to organize food, dishes, cookbooks, etc.
- Bathroom – Install roll-out bins in your vanity and add roll-out shelves to linen closets to enhance these spaces for storing toiletries, towels, etc. Add a cabinet or shelving to unused wall space such as the wall over the toilet.
Improve Your Home in 2016 – Make Handyman Connection your one call for trusted home improvements!